The Hearing Doctors (ENT Associates of South Florida) specialize in hearing loss for people of all ages. Our certified doctors have worked with infants, children, teens, and adults. Hearing loss is usually prominent in older people because it is usually a symptom of old age. We know how hard it can be to lose your hearing and the toll it can take on your daily activities which is why we like to share with our patients the various Groups For Tinnitus Sufferers in Coral Springs, FL.
Tinnitus affects 1 in 10 adults and can be treated through therapy. The first step to treating it is to treat the underlying issue that could have caused the tinnitus such as an ear infection. For most people who experience tinnitus, there is no cure. Something that may help with your tinnitus is to not focus so much on it. Without providing the issue with your attention, you may notice substantial relief.
Groups For Tinnitus Sufferers in Florida
According to the American Tinnitus Association, Florida contains 8 tinnitus support groups to help you obtain support and advice from other tinnitus sufferers. These groups are:
- The Tinnitus Self-Help Group of Palm Beach County. This group meets in Boynton Beach, FL and their contact number is 800-732-9217
- Northern Palm Beach/Martin Co. Tinnitus Support Group. This support group is based in Jupiter, FL and is run by Murray Steinfeld whose group support number is (561) 747-6339.
- If you live in Miami, FL the Miami Tinnitus Support Group meets on a quarterly basis in Miami and is run by Jackie Gutstein. Here email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you seek a support group that meets on a more regular basis and live in Navarre, FL the Navarre Tinnitus Support Group is nearby. The group is run by Mary Elizabeth Landry who can be reached at (850) 396-8367.
- In Sarasota, FL the Sarasota Tinnitus Support Group is available to lend an ear and connect you with other tinnitus sufferers. Meetings are typically the 3rd Friday of each month and to call them please dial (941) 387-7116.
- If you live more North in the Villages, the Villages Tinnitus Support Group meets every first Tuesday and can help you cope with this condition. Call (813) 503-1421.
- The upper Keys Support Group is based in Tavernier Florida and can be reached at (305) 852-1620.
- Last but not least, the Venice Tinnitus Support Group is headed by Richard P. Tibblis and more information can be gathered by calling (941) 244-2922.
What Do The Groups Do?
For people experiencing tinnitus, there are therapy groups and individual therapies. Sound therapy uses external noises to mask the tinnitus. Low-level noises are very effective. Groups For Tinnitus Sufferers are available to people all around the country through physical meetings and online blogs. The groups are there to provide an informational and cohesive community for people suffering from tinnitus. One of the therapies sufferers use is tinnitus retraining therapy which involves the auditory system to accept abnormal sounds as natural sounds. This can help with adjusting to the comfort of hearing loss. The Hearing Doctors can recommend these therapies and groups for you to attend in your area.
Reach Out To Us
We know that hearing loss can cause a significant change in your life and with so many people experiencing this disruption, a number of support groups has grown immensely. Let the Hearing Doctors help you find the right support group for you, whether it is in person or online, we want to help you feel comfortable when transitioning into hearing loss. When you need recommendations visit us at hearingaidsfortlauderdale.com or call us at 786-420-6660.