Hearing aids can be very complex to decide on because there are so many different options to choose from. It is important to see an audiologist if you are having trouble hearing because if you don’t treat your issue right away, it can progressively become worse. The last thing you want is to completely lose your hearing all together. Luckily, The Hearing Doctors (ENT Associates of South Florida) will take very good care of you. Our trained audiologists can do a hearing test to determine the extent of your hearing loss. Sometimes it can be as simple as Swimmer’s Ear and other times, you may need to see an ENT if your issue is more serious including hearing disorders such as Vertigo. If you need hearing aids, our doctors will work with you to make sure they find something in your budget and that works specifically with your ears. Your options may include a selection from the best hearing aid brands.
Best Hearing Aid Brands
Nowadays, there are so many hearing aid brands, how do you know which one to choose? Here are a few of the best hearing aid brands that are offered:
- Resound- Resound creates a new sound processing system with wide dynamic range compression. They were one of the first companies to introduce the open-fit hearing device as well as making a hearing aid that connects to your iPhone.
- Oticon- They have received credit for creating the first digital hearing instrument called the Digifocus. They focus on the fit of the hearing aid in order to provide you with something comfortable to wear.
- Signia- This brand is credited for creating the first BTE hearing aids (behind the ear). They are also known for releasing the first digital hearing aid with not one but two microphones, the first wireless hearing aid, and the first waterproof digital hearing aid. They continue to make breakthroughs in the hearing aid industry.
- Starkey- This American-owned and operated hearing aid company is responsible for creating the first in-canal hearing aid and the first custom made digital invisible hearing aid.
- Widex- Widex, a family-owned company, is known for their computer modelling and laser technology custom hearing aids. They also had the first full digital in-the-ear hearing aid.
Which One Is Right For You?
With all of these great choices, you really need to do your research before making a decision. Our audiologists will be able to help narrow down your choices and recommend which one might work best for you. Some things to consider when you are purchasing a hearing aid include its technology capabilities, the dependability of the product, and the service and repair the hearing aids might need. Deciding on a hearing aid brand is a personal preference. There is no right brand to pick.
When you are experiencing hearing loss and need hearing aids but don’t know where to turn to, come to The Hearing Doctors (ENT Associates of South Florida) for a proper hearing test to determine your level of hearing loss. To find out more information about the best hearing aid brands contact us at 786-420-6660 or visit our website hearingaidsfortlauderdale.com. We have two convenient locations in Florida (Plantation and Coral Springs).